Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Marq Your Bible to race, in part, for The Seeing Eye, Inc

It is amazing how God works and the inspirations that come from His faithfulness.

Already, there are three partners in our racehorse that are graduates of The Seeing Eye, myself, included.   On Sunday, I received an unexpected call from yet another Seeing Eye graduate who wishes to join the partnership.  

She has informed me that any of her earnings, past what will go directly back into the partnership, will be donated to The Seeing Eye, in her name.   This has inspired me to do the same with part of my majority interest in him.

I currently own 42% of Marq Your Bible aka "Marcus" and I now wish to also donate at least 2% of my earnings, past what goes back directly to the partnership, to The Seeing Eye.   I have been inspired by this new member and also by the faithfulness God has shown me and I am feeling led to do this.

So, now, Marcus will not only be owned by 4 graduates of The Seeing Eye and 2 other women, who are not blind, but he will be racing for the wonderful organization that we all love, that has provided 4 of us with amazing dog guides, The Seeing Eye Inc of Morristown, NJ.

Marcus will be taking a short break to do some more growing.   He has nothing wrong, but has been growing so much lately, that we just feel it is in his best interest to let him grow.   He will start his vacation next week and be brought back into training Jan. 1st, with a hopeful first race to be around the middle of March.

Become a fan of this wonderful horse that is now going to be racing for such an extraordinarily great cause

You can find his fan page on Facebook and also the farm fan page, Perfect Peace Farm, where you will receive updated news on what he is up to and see pictures of this totally gorgeous boy.

Marcus' fan page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marq-Your-Bible/193529944025899?ref=ts

Perfect Peace Farm fan page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Perfect-Peace-Farm-LLC/173890696024170

Go Marcus, Go!
-----

A little background on me and my connection to The Seeing Eye.

I am currently working with my 4th Seeing Eye Dog, Dextra, a 2 year old female yellow Labrador Retriever, who I received in April 2011.  

I received my first Seeing Eye Dog, Ginger, a female German Shepherd, in July 1994.   I have been blessed by this organization and the 4 great dogs I have been given.   I received my 2nd guide, Zach, in May 1995, a male black Labrador Retriever, and my 3rd, Nalley, a male Golden Retriever, in April 2002.   Nalley is still with me, at the age of 11, enjoying retirement.

These dogs have guided me at college, through graduation, on various horse farms and other jobs, down the aisle at a friend's wedding, been my ring bearer at my own wedding, guided me on the train trip we took for our Honeymoon to Saratoga Springs for the horse races, at several other race tracks, including to Churchill Downs for the Breeder's Cup in 2006, been with me when I sing solos at church, when I'm in choir, and countless other things, where they help me maintain independence.   I am forever grateful to The Seeing Eye for their dedication to breeding top quality dogs, training the best guides for those seeking a dog guide, and the support they give students while in class and graduates after we return home with our dogs.   It is a wonderful organization that I am pleased to be a part of and hope and pray that I can give back to, in part, with some of the earnings of this racehorse.   I will be combining my love of dogs and horses all in one, it doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment